Obtaining the Amazon AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification is a sure way to show your skills and experience in deploying, operating, and managing workloads on AWS. The successful candidates also gain knowledge of the support and maintenance processes required for AWS workloads as well as monitoring, troubleshooting, and logging systems. With this certificate, you can also prove that you know everything about the identification, classification, and remediation of incidents and are able to implement the architectural requirements.
This certification path is available for those system administrators who perform the Cloud operations role. To be eligible for this associate-level certificate, the potential candidates need to have a year of hands-on experience with AWS technology as well as some experience in logging, troubleshooting, and monitoring. Knowing about the networking concepts and being able to implement the architectural requirements is vital as well. This means that you should know about firewalls, high availability, DNS, capacity, TCP/IP, and so on.
The Amazon SOA-C02 exam is a qualification test you need to deal with to get the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certificate. This is a 180-minute exam that contains 65 questions. The items may be presented in various formats, including multiple choice, exam labs, and multiple response. The last one is the option that offers a scenario that is composed of a set of tasks you need to perform. All in all, it is required that you earn 720 points (100-1000). To score this high, an individual has to prepare for the following topics:
- Content Delivery and Networking – This subject area is all about the configuration of domains, content delivery, and DNS services as well as implementation of the networking features and connectivity. It is also important to know how to troubleshoot the network connectivity issues;
- Monitoring, Remediation, and Logging – To deal with the questions from this topic, you need to have the skills in remediating the issues that are based on the monitoring and availability metrics. Besides that, you should be able to implement alarms, filters, and metrics and use the AWS monitoring & logging services;
- Automation, Deployment, and Provisioning – This domain evaluates your skills in automating manual or repeatable processes. It is also important to have knowledge of how to provision the Cloud resources and maintain them;
- Reliability and Business Continuity – The next section contains the details of the implementation of the backup and restore strategies, high availability environment, resilient environment, elasticity, and scalability;
- Security and Compliance – As for this part, it covers the details of the implementation of the data and infrastructure protection strategies, security and compliance policies, and their management;
- Cost and Performance Optimization – The last objective will test whether you know how to implement the performance optimization strategies and cost optimization strategies or not.
Further Career Path
A high salary and a prestigious job role are not easy to get because they scale from the experience, skills, and certificates you have. This is why the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification offered by Amazon is so popular among those individuals who perform the Cloud operations role. This is a great opportunity to validate your skills and get certified by a famous vendor.
However, it is important to remember that all the Amazon certifications are valid for 3 years, which is why you should always be ready to enhance your knowledge and renew your certificate. This is the process that can help you stay relevant and be a valuable asset for any company. So, after obtaining the certification, you will need to keep an eye on its status.