Amazon AWS Certified Developer – Associate is an associate-level certificate that validates your skills in writing and deploying the Cloud-based applications. It shows that you have an understanding of the core AWS services, best practices of the basic AWS architecture, and their uses. This is also a good option to prove your knowledge of AWS and the development, deployment, and debug processes necessary for the Cloud-based applications.
If you hold this Amazon certificate, this means that you prove all the skills that are evaluated in its qualification test. To be eligible for it, a potential candidate needs to have the ability to develop, debug, and deploy the Cloud-based apps, use AWS, and write code for serverless apps. You should also know at least one high-level programming language and have an understanding of the core AWS services. The AWS Certified Developer – Associate certification is intended for the IT specialists with more than a year of experience developing an AWS-based app and maintaining it.
Amazon DVA-C01 is the only prerequisite test that you need to take in order to obtain the AWS Certified Developer – Associate certificate. This is a 130-minute exam that contains 65 questions you should complete. The items can be in the multiple-choice or multiple-response format. It is required to gain 720 or more points to get certified, so you have to prepare for the following topics:
- Development with AWS Services – This section covers the details of the processes related to writing code for serverless applications as well as translating the functional requirements into application design. To answer the questions from this area, it is also required that you know how to implement application design into app code. If you know how to code, interact with AWS services, and use SDKs, AWS CLI, and APIs, it will also help you during the test;
- Deployment – To be ready for this domain, the interested IT specialists should have the skills in deploying serverless applications as well as coding in AWS with the use of the existing CI/CD pipelines, patterns, and processes. It is also important to have knowledge of the application deployment package and how it should be deployed to AWS. Knowing how to deploy apps while using AWS Elastic Beanstalk can help you in many tasks in the future;
- Monitoring & Troubleshooting – If talking about the questions from this topic, you have to know about writing code that should be monitored as well as be able to perform the analysis on faults found in testing or production;
- Refactoring – Dealing with this part requires your full understanding of various processes, including the optimization of applications to make the best use of AWS services and migration of the existing app code running on AWS;
- Security – This objective is about the implementation of app authorization and authentication as well as encryption while using AWS services. Moreover, the potential candidates need to have the skills in making authenticated calls to AWS services.
Further Career Path
The Amazon AWS Certified Developer – Associate certification is an ideal option to validate your skills and knowledge and prove that you are able to perform the expertise for the role of a Developer. Thus, many IT professionals pursue this path and maintain it to stay relevant in the field. To ensure the validity of your certificate, you need to know when to recertify. Thus, you should know that this certification is valid for 3 years. When the period of the active status ends, recertification is required. Therefore, you need to be prepared for this process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I download my products after I have completed the purchase?
Your products are available immediately after you have made the payment. You can download them from your Member's Area. Right after your purchase has been confirmed, the website will transfer you to Member's Area. All you will have to do is login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long will my product be valid?
All Testking products are valid for 90 days from the date of purchase. These 90 days also cover updates that may come in during this time. This includes new questions, updates and changes by our editing team and more. These updates will be automatically downloaded to computer to make sure that you get the most updated version of your exam preparation materials.
How can I renew my products after the expiry date? Or do I need to purchase it again?
When your product expires after the 90 days, you don't need to purchase it again. Instead, you should head to your Member's Area, where there is an option of renewing your products with a 30% discount.
Please keep in mind that you need to renew your product to continue using it after the expiry date.
How often do you update the questions?
Testking strives to provide you with the latest questions in every exam pool. Therefore, updates in our exams/questions will depend on the changes provided by original vendors. We update our products as soon as we know of the change introduced, and have it confirmed by our team of experts.
How many computers I can download Testking software on?
You can download your Testking products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers/devices. To use the software on more than 2 machines, you need to purchase an additional subscription which can be easily done on the website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by all modern Windows editions, Android and iPhone/iPad versions. Mac and IOS versions of the software are now being developed. Please stay tuned for updates if you're interested in Mac and IOS versions of Testking software.