Google offers many IT certifications that you can obtain to improve your skills and enhance your career, and Google Professional Cloud Architect is one of them. This certificate shows that an individual can help the organizations leverage the Google Cloud technologies. With it, you can also demonstrate your understanding of Cloud architecture and Google Cloud. Besides that, you will be able to evaluate and validate your skills in designing, developing, and managing various solutions that can help you drive the business objectives. They include robust, highly available, dynamic, secure, and scalable solutions.
If talking about the certification prerequisites, it is important to note that there are no official requirements for this path. However, it is recommended that you have more than 3 years of experience in the industry as well as more than a year of experience in designing solutions and managing them while using Google Cloud.
There is only one qualification exam associated with the Google Professional Cloud Architect certification, and you will be given 2 hours to complete it. The test is available in English and Japanese and the questions it contains are presented in the multiple-choice and multiple-select formats. The exam costs $200 and is available for taking online or at one of the testing centers.
To be sure that you get the passing score, you need to prepare for the following exam topics and master them:
- Design and planning of Cloud solution architecture – This subject area covers the details of the solution infrastructure, which meets the business and technical requirements. You should also know how to design storage, compute, and network resources and be able to create migration plans;
- Management and provision of a solution infrastructure – The next domain is all about the configuration of individual storage systems, network topologies, as well as compute systems;
- Designing for compliance and security – To answer the questions from this section, a potential candidate needs to know how to design for compliance and security;
- Analysis and optimization of technical and business processes – As for this topic, it evaluates one’s knowledge of the analysis of business processes and technical processes;
- Management of implementation – This part covers the details of interactions with Google Cloud programmatically. You should also be able to advise the development or operation team to ensure successful deployment of the solutions;
- Ensuring the reliability of solutions and operations – To succeed in the last objective, an interested individual needs to know about the deployment and release management as well as evaluation of the quality control measures. Besides that, he or she has to know how to monitor, log, profile, and alert solutions. Knowing how to assist with the support of the deployed solutions is also important.
Further Career Path
Obtaining the Google Professional Cloud Architect certification is the best way to prove your skills in designing and planning Cloud solution architecture. With its help, you can also show your skills in designing for security and compliance, ensuring the solution and operations reliability, and so on. It is a good way to demonstrate your expertise in the industry and find your place.
However, you should not forget about the certification renewal. The Google Professional Cloud Architect certificate is valid for 2 years, so the successful candidates must recertify at the end of this period to maintain the status of their certification. The recertification process is accomplished by retaking the qualification exam and passing it. It is possible to recertify 60 days prior to the expiration date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I download my products after I have completed the purchase?
Your products are available immediately after you have made the payment. You can download them from your Member's Area. Right after your purchase has been confirmed, the website will transfer you to Member's Area. All you will have to do is login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long will my product be valid?
All Testking products are valid for 90 days from the date of purchase. These 90 days also cover updates that may come in during this time. This includes new questions, updates and changes by our editing team and more. These updates will be automatically downloaded to computer to make sure that you get the most updated version of your exam preparation materials.
How can I renew my products after the expiry date? Or do I need to purchase it again?
When your product expires after the 90 days, you don't need to purchase it again. Instead, you should head to your Member's Area, where there is an option of renewing your products with a 30% discount.
Please keep in mind that you need to renew your product to continue using it after the expiry date.
How often do you update the questions?
Testking strives to provide you with the latest questions in every exam pool. Therefore, updates in our exams/questions will depend on the changes provided by original vendors. We update our products as soon as we know of the change introduced, and have it confirmed by our team of experts.
How many computers I can download Testking software on?
You can download your Testking products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers/devices. To use the software on more than 2 machines, you need to purchase an additional subscription which can be easily done on the website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by all modern Windows editions, Android and iPhone/iPad versions. Mac and IOS versions of the software are now being developed. Please stay tuned for updates if you're interested in Mac and IOS versions of Testking software.