Verifying the skills in working with complex security solutions is what Cisco can offer you in the CCIE Security certification path. This certificate is from the Expert level that proves that you have the needed level of expertise and are able to perform the advanced tasks. All in all, it contains two prerequisite exams that you need to pass with a successful outcome to validate your knowledge of core security technologies and your practical skills.
To be eligible for this expert-level certification, you need to have a solid understanding of the concepts covered in the qualification exams. This means that the potential candidates should master the topics of the written test and the lab exam to be able to deal with them. Also, it is recommended that the students have 5 or even 7 years of experience with security technologies and solutions as well as know how to design, optimize, deploy, and operate them.
Cisco 350-701 is the first exam that you will face with during the certification process. This written test is 2 hours long and consists of about 100 questions. It can be taken in Japanese or English and covers the following topics:
- Security Concepts – This section is all about the functions of cryptography components, common security vulnerabilities, basic Python scripts, and Cisco Security appliances APIs. You should know about remote access VPN and site-to-site VPN deployment types and have knowledge of common threats against the Cloud and on-premises environments. Knowing about security intelligence authoring, consumption, and sharing is very important;
- Network Security – The next subject area covers many details, including the information about the deployment models of network security architectures and solutions as well as device hardening of network infrastructure security devices. It is vital to have the relevant skills in configuring and verifying the network infrastructure security methods, implementing the management options for network security solutions, and configuring the secure network management of perimeter security and infrastructure devices;
- Securing Cloud – If talking about this objective, the potential candidates need to have the skills in comparing the customer as well as provider security responsibility for various Cloud service models. You should also know about the configuration of the Cloud logging & monitoring methodologies, implementation of application and data security in the Cloud environments, and identification of security solutions;
- Content Security – To answer the questions from this domain, you are required to know how to configure the secure Internet gateway features and web security features, verify email security features, and configure web security controls on Cisco Umbrella. If you have the skills in comparing the components, benefits, and capabilities of local and Cloud-based email and web solutions, you will be able to succeed;
- Endpoint Protection and Detection – This part evaluates your skills in comparing Endpoint Protection Platforms as well as Endpoint Detection & Response solutions. You need to know about the value of endpoint device management and asset inventory, endpoint posture assessment solutions, and details of the MFA strategy;
- Secure Network Visibility, Enforcement, and Access – The last topic covers the details of the benefits of network telemetry, application control, and device compliance. Besides that, it is also important to have knowledge of identity management concepts, secure network access concepts, as well as components of security products and solutions.
As for the hands-on lab exam, this is an 8-hour test that evaluates your skills in planning, designing, deploying, operating, and optimizing network security solutions required for the protection of your network. During the exam, you will need to program and automate the network, which is why you need to prepare for the following topics:
- Perimeter Security & Intrusion Prevention;
- Secure Connectivity & Segmentation;
- Identity Management, Information Exchange, & Access Control;
- Advanced Threat Protection & Content Security.
Further Career Path
Being a certified security professional who knows how to work with security technologies and solutions is a sure way to be chosen over other candidates when looking for a job. Also, with the help of the CCIE Security certification, you will be able to earn a better salary and get a promotion. This certificate validates all the needed skills to help you become a valuable asset for any company. However, it is important to maintain the status of your certification and do it every 3 years because the Cisco certificates are only valid for this period. The renewal of any IT certification means the renewal of your skills as well, because your knowledge becomes relevant to the industry. Therefore, it is essential not to forget about this procedure and follow the recommendations of the Continuing Education program when the time comes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I download my products after I have completed the purchase?
Your products are available immediately after you have made the payment. You can download them from your Member's Area. Right after your purchase has been confirmed, the website will transfer you to Member's Area. All you will have to do is login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long will my product be valid?
All Testking products are valid for 90 days from the date of purchase. These 90 days also cover updates that may come in during this time. This includes new questions, updates and changes by our editing team and more. These updates will be automatically downloaded to computer to make sure that you get the most updated version of your exam preparation materials.
How can I renew my products after the expiry date? Or do I need to purchase it again?
When your product expires after the 90 days, you don't need to purchase it again. Instead, you should head to your Member's Area, where there is an option of renewing your products with a 30% discount.
Please keep in mind that you need to renew your product to continue using it after the expiry date.
How often do you update the questions?
Testking strives to provide you with the latest questions in every exam pool. Therefore, updates in our exams/questions will depend on the changes provided by original vendors. We update our products as soon as we know of the change introduced, and have it confirmed by our team of experts.
How many computers I can download Testking software on?
You can download your Testking products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers/devices. To use the software on more than 2 machines, you need to purchase an additional subscription which can be easily done on the website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by all modern Windows editions, Android and iPhone/iPad versions. Mac and IOS versions of the software are now being developed. Please stay tuned for updates if you're interested in Mac and IOS versions of Testking software.