Becoming an Azure Database Administrator is the main goal of many IT specialists who want to implement and manage the operational aspects of the hybrid data platform and Cloud-native solutions as well as work with Microsoft Azure Data Services and Microsoft SQL Server. Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate is a sought-after certification that can validate all the needed skills and push you closer to the goal. It shows that you know how to use various methods and tools to perform your day-to-day operations. This means that you will be able to apply knowledge of using T-SQL for the administrative management purposes.
The certification path is ideal for those data management specialists and database administrators who know how to manage Cloud relational databases built with Azure Data Services and SQL Server. There are no formal requirements for this option, but you should have a solid understanding of all the concepts covered in its qualifying exam.
Microsoft DP-300 is the only exam that you need to deal with to obtain this associate-level certificate. It is all about the administration of relational databases on Microsoft Azure and contains about 60 questions. The items can be presented in different formats, including drag and drop, multiple choice, active screen, and so on. To get certified, you are required to score at least 700 points during the test. If you want to pass the qualification exam successfully, you must master the following topics to be prepared for them:
- Plan & Implement Data Platform Resources – To clear the questions from this section, the potential candidates need to know about the manual methods and be able to deploy resources by using them. It is also important to understand how to evaluate the strategies offered for moving to Azure and have the skills in configuring resources for performance and scale. Knowing about the appropriate database offerings that are based on the specific requirements is also vital;
- Implement a Secure Environment – The next area evaluates your knowledge of database authentication, database authorization, as well as the usage of database and platform tools. An individual should also have the skills in implementing security for data at rest or in transit and compliance controls for sensitive data;
- Monitor & Optimize Operational Resources – This topic is all about activity, performance, and their monitoring. You have to know about the possible performance-related issues and learn how to implement maintenance tasks. Besides that, it is also important to have the skills in configuring a user database as well as resources for optimal performance;
- Perform Automation of Tasks – The interested applicants need to have knowledge of alert and notification strategies. It is also vital to possess the skills in creating the scheduled tasks and manage them in Azure;
- Optimize Query Performance – This domain covers the details of query plans, which means that you need to know about the problem areas and appropriate types. You should know about the database table and index design and be able to evaluate performance improvements;
- Plan & Implement a HADR Environment – As for this part, it evaluates your ability to perform backup as well as restore a database with the use of database tools. Knowing about the platform, OS, and database tools and being able to use HADR by using all of them is important as well;
- Perform Administration by Using T-SQL – The last objective is all about the management of authentication and authorization, usage of T-SQL, and system health. The students should also have the skills in monitoring database configuration and know about backup and restoration of a database.
Further Career Path
Holing a Microsoft certification is a sure way to prove your level of expertise in the sector you want and get the benefits it grants. So, Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate is not an exception in this case. You will gain many benefits along with this certificate, including the opportunity to find a better job and earn a higher salary. You should also remember that the role-based and specialty certifications of this vendor expire every year, which is why you need to renew yours to maintain the active status. All the details regarding the recertification process and the current status of your certificate can be found on your Microsoft Learn account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I download my products after I have completed the purchase?
Your products are available immediately after you have made the payment. You can download them from your Member's Area. Right after your purchase has been confirmed, the website will transfer you to Member's Area. All you will have to do is login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long will my product be valid?
All Testking products are valid for 90 days from the date of purchase. These 90 days also cover updates that may come in during this time. This includes new questions, updates and changes by our editing team and more. These updates will be automatically downloaded to computer to make sure that you get the most updated version of your exam preparation materials.
How can I renew my products after the expiry date? Or do I need to purchase it again?
When your product expires after the 90 days, you don't need to purchase it again. Instead, you should head to your Member's Area, where there is an option of renewing your products with a 30% discount.
Please keep in mind that you need to renew your product to continue using it after the expiry date.
How often do you update the questions?
Testking strives to provide you with the latest questions in every exam pool. Therefore, updates in our exams/questions will depend on the changes provided by original vendors. We update our products as soon as we know of the change introduced, and have it confirmed by our team of experts.
How many computers I can download Testking software on?
You can download your Testking products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers/devices. To use the software on more than 2 machines, you need to purchase an additional subscription which can be easily done on the website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by all modern Windows editions, Android and iPhone/iPad versions. Mac and IOS versions of the software are now being developed. Please stay tuned for updates if you're interested in Mac and IOS versions of Testking software.