The Cisco certification program has a wide number of options and offers many certificates of the Expert level. Thus, CCIE Enterprise Wireless is one of the certifications from this level that covers the details of enterprise networking technologies. This particular certificate validates the individuals’ knowledge of complex enterprise wireless solutions and proves that they have the needed skills to work with them. This option consists of two qualification exams, covering the details of core enterprise technologies as well as evaluating your practical skills in supporting through the entire network lifecycle.
There are no formal requirements for the Cisco CCIE Enterprise Wireless certificate, but the potential candidates need to have a thorough understanding of the topics of both exams before taking them. Besides that, it is recommended that you have at least 5 or more years of experience working with enterprise wireless technologies and solutions.
The first exam that you need to deal with is known as Cisco 350-401. This is a 2-hour test with about 100 questions presented mostly in the multiple-choice format. The exam is available in English and Japanese and covers the following topics:
- Architecture – To be ready for the questions from this domain, the potential candidates should have the skills in differentiating hardware and software switching mechanisms as well as between Cloud and on-premises infrastructure deployments. It is also important to know about working principles of Cisco SD-WAN or Cisco SD-Access solutions, different design principles, concepts of wired QoS, and concepts of wireless QoS. Knowing how to analyze design principles of the WLAN deployment is also important;
- Virtualization – If talking about this section, it is important to mention that it is all about device virtualization technologies and data path virtualization technologies. This means that you need to be able to describe their differences and features as well as know how to configure and verify them;
- Infrastructure – The next area covers the details of Wireless, Layer 2/3, and IP Services. It includes the information about the Layer 1 concepts, issues of WLAN configuration and wireless client connectivity, routing concepts of OSPF and EIGRP, as well as NTP, Spanning Tree Protocols, and OSPF environments. If you have the skills in configuring first hop redundancy protocols and knowledge of the AP modes and antenna types, you will succeed for sure;
- Network Assurance – This topic evaluates your skills in diagnosing network problems, using various tools relevant to issues, as well as configuring NETCONF, RESTCONF, Flexible NetFlow, and NetFlow. You should also know about the Cisco DNA Center workflows and how to apply network monitoring, management, and configuration when needed;
- Security – As for this part, it is pretty clear that it covers all the details of device access control, wireless and infrastructure security features, and network access control. You have to know about the components of network security design to answer the questions correctly;
- Automation – The last section includes the details of the basic Python scripts and components, EEM applet construction, REST API response results and codes, as well as the construction of the valid JSON encoded files. It is also vital to have knowledge of the high-level principles and benefits of the data modeling language.
The next exam that you need to clear is the 8-hour hands-on lab test. It covers the end-to-end lifecycle of complex enterprise wireless networks. Thus, your skills in designing, deploying, optimizing, and operating will be evaluated. The topics include the details of radio frequency & standards, automation, analytics, assurance, enterprise wired campus and wireless network, wireless security & identity management, as well as wireless business applications and services.
Further Career Path
The Cisco certifications of this level of difficulty grant many benefits, including better salary range and more variety in the market. That is why it is so popular among the IT professionals who want to greatly enhance their careers. Please also note that the CCIE Enterprise Wireless certificate is valid for 3 years, which means that you should be ready to recertify at the end of the period. Maintaining the status of your certification is important, so you need to follow the steps offered by the Continuing Education program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I download my products after I have completed the purchase?
Your products are available immediately after you have made the payment. You can download them from your Member's Area. Right after your purchase has been confirmed, the website will transfer you to Member's Area. All you will have to do is login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long will my product be valid?
All Testking products are valid for 90 days from the date of purchase. These 90 days also cover updates that may come in during this time. This includes new questions, updates and changes by our editing team and more. These updates will be automatically downloaded to computer to make sure that you get the most updated version of your exam preparation materials.
How can I renew my products after the expiry date? Or do I need to purchase it again?
When your product expires after the 90 days, you don't need to purchase it again. Instead, you should head to your Member's Area, where there is an option of renewing your products with a 30% discount.
Please keep in mind that you need to renew your product to continue using it after the expiry date.
How often do you update the questions?
Testking strives to provide you with the latest questions in every exam pool. Therefore, updates in our exams/questions will depend on the changes provided by original vendors. We update our products as soon as we know of the change introduced, and have it confirmed by our team of experts.
How many computers I can download Testking software on?
You can download your Testking products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers/devices. To use the software on more than 2 machines, you need to purchase an additional subscription which can be easily done on the website. Please email email@example.com if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by all modern Windows editions, Android and iPhone/iPad versions. Mac and IOS versions of the software are now being developed. Please stay tuned for updates if you're interested in Mac and IOS versions of Testking software.