Certification Full Name: Cisco Certified Design Expert
Certification Provider: Cisco
Exam Code: 400-007
Exam Name: Cisco Certified Design Expert v3.0
CCDE is one of the expert-level certificates of the Cisco certification program that is available for the interested IT professionals who want to become the experts in the field and perform the corresponding tasks. This certificate demonstrates that you know how to design and architect complex enterprise network solutions. The expert-level certifications of this vendor contain two exams to deal with, including one written test and one practical lab exam, and CCDE has the same structure and features.
This path is developed for those individuals who want to be prepared for an expert-level job role in network design and architecture and has no strict requirements that are needed to be fulfilled. However, you should possess a thorough understanding of the concepts covered in the exams and have at least 5 years of experience in designing and architecting network solutions. This means that you need to know how to engage in pre-sales work and other related activities.
To obtain the CCDE certification, the potential candidates need to deal with two exams, and Cisco 400-007 is the first one you should clear. This is a 2-hour written test that can include about 100 questions in the English language. It focuses on many topics and evaluates your knowledge of the following:
- Business Strategy Design – To answer the questions from this area, you need to have the skills in impacting on network design, optimization, and implementation as well as using various customer project management methodologies. It is also important to know about the solutions that are based on operational sustainability and business continuity;
- Data, Operational Design, Management Plane, and Control – The next section is all about software-defined architecture, controller-based solution design, as well as various types of control plane, such as centralized, decentralized, and hybrid. You should know about the end-to-end IP traffic flow, automation and orchestration design, integration, and on-going support for networks;
- Network Design – This part evaluates your knowledge of resilient, scalable, and secure modular networks that cover both software-defined and traditional architectures. This means that you have to know about the technical and operational constraints and requirements, implementation plans, business requirements, as well as application behavior;
- Service Design – If talking about this domain, it requires your knowledge of the Cloud/hybrid solutions that are based on the business-critical operations. Besides that, you need to have a good understanding of resilient, scalable, and secure modular network design, which is based on constraints;
- Security Design – The last objective covers the details of network security design and network security integration. Therefore, an individual should know about network access control, regulatory compliance, segmentation, policy enforcement, and visibility.
After completing the first test, you will need to clear the practical exam, which is 8 hours long and includes scenario-based questions. As for this option, it contains the details of the written test and can include the information about workforce mobility, on-premises and Cloud services, as well as large scale networks.
Further Career Path
The expert-level certifications offered by Cisco are very popular among the IT professionals because they validate all the needed skills and help them opt for a better job role and higher salary range. However, the potential candidates for the CCDE certificate should not forget about the recertification process that is required every 3 years. The industry is constantly changing, as is the content of the certification, so you should always check the details of any changes taking place in the Cisco program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I download my products after I have completed the purchase?
Your products are available immediately after you have made the payment. You can download them from your Member's Area. Right after your purchase has been confirmed, the website will transfer you to Member's Area. All you will have to do is login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long will my product be valid?
All Testking products are valid for 90 days from the date of purchase. These 90 days also cover updates that may come in during this time. This includes new questions, updates and changes by our editing team and more. These updates will be automatically downloaded to computer to make sure that you get the most updated version of your exam preparation materials.
How can I renew my products after the expiry date? Or do I need to purchase it again?
When your product expires after the 90 days, you don't need to purchase it again. Instead, you should head to your Member's Area, where there is an option of renewing your products with a 30% discount.
Please keep in mind that you need to renew your product to continue using it after the expiry date.
How often do you update the questions?
Testking strives to provide you with the latest questions in every exam pool. Therefore, updates in our exams/questions will depend on the changes provided by original vendors. We update our products as soon as we know of the change introduced, and have it confirmed by our team of experts.
How many computers I can download Testking software on?
You can download your Testking products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers/devices. To use the software on more than 2 machines, you need to purchase an additional subscription which can be easily done on the website. Please email email@example.com if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by all modern Windows editions, Android and iPhone/iPad versions. Mac and IOS versions of the software are now being developed. Please stay tuned for updates if you're interested in Mac and IOS versions of Testking software.