Cisco Certified DevNet Associate is one of the associate-level paths that can be taken to master the essentials of using applications that are built on the Cisco platforms. This certificate is given to those individuals who have passed the qualification test and proven their skills in developing and maintaining these apps. The certification program of this vendor has only two options from the DevNet track, so this is a good opportunity to start with the basics and then improve your level of expertise in the next step.
There are no strict requirements that a potential candidate should meet before going for the Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certificate. However, the vendor recommends that you have a good understanding of the concepts covered in the prerequisite exam. If you possess more than a year of experience with software development and Python programming, it will be easier for you to complete the qualifying test.
To earn this associate-level certificate, the interested individuals need to pass only one exam. It covers the fundamentals of software development and design required for the Cisco platforms. The qualification test is known as Cisco 200-901 and focuses on the development of apps and automating workflows that use the Cisco platforms. The exam lasts for 2 hours and contains about 100 multiple-choice questions. You can take it in English or Japanese for $300.
To be ready for the Cisco 200-901 exam, it is vital to prepare adequately for the following topics:
- Software Development & Design – This subject area is all about the advantages of version control, comparison of various data formats or software development methods, as well as identification of the advantages of common design patterns. You need to know about the benefits of organizing code into methods or functions and be able to use the control operations of the common version with Git;
- Understanding & Using APIs – It is important to have the skills in identifying the constraints while consuming APIs, using common API authentication mechanisms, and comparing common API styles. An individual should also have knowledge of how to troubleshoot a problem given the API documentation, HTTP response code, and request;
- Development & Cisco Platforms – The next section covers the details of the capabilities of the Cisco collaboration platforms or Cisco compute management platforms and APIs. It evaluates one’s skills in managing messages, participants, as well as spaces in Webex Teams and applying the concepts of model-driven programmability;
- Application Deployment & Security – To succeed in this topic, you need to know how to use Docker images in a local developer environment, identify the principles of DevOps practices, as well as construct a Python unit test;
- Automation & Infrastructure – As for this part, it evaluates the examinees’ knowledge of the principles of infrastructure as code, benefits of a code review process, and value of model-driven programmability for the infrastructure automation;
- Network Fundamentals – The last objective is about the purpose and usage of VLANs and MAC addresses, the functionality of various IP Services, as well as the function of the common networking components. Also, you need to be able to recognize protocol port values and identify the cause of application connectivity issues.
Further Career Path
Being a certified specialist is more than just getting certified and landing a job. You need to know if the certification you have chosen requires renewal or if it is valid for life. If we talk about the Cisco DevNet Associate certificate, it is valid for 3 years. This means that you should be able to renew it within the set period of time to gain the relevant skills for your role. The individuals have flexible options to recertify and can find them by exploring the Cisco Continuing Education program. Thus, you can pass the same qualification exam, take the one from the advanced-level path, or earn a certain amount of CE credits. It all depends on your choice of development.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I download my products after I have completed the purchase?
Your products are available immediately after you have made the payment. You can download them from your Member's Area. Right after your purchase has been confirmed, the website will transfer you to Member's Area. All you will have to do is login and download the products you have purchased to your computer.
How long will my product be valid?
All Testking products are valid for 90 days from the date of purchase. These 90 days also cover updates that may come in during this time. This includes new questions, updates and changes by our editing team and more. These updates will be automatically downloaded to computer to make sure that you get the most updated version of your exam preparation materials.
How can I renew my products after the expiry date? Or do I need to purchase it again?
When your product expires after the 90 days, you don't need to purchase it again. Instead, you should head to your Member's Area, where there is an option of renewing your products with a 30% discount.
Please keep in mind that you need to renew your product to continue using it after the expiry date.
How often do you update the questions?
Testking strives to provide you with the latest questions in every exam pool. Therefore, updates in our exams/questions will depend on the changes provided by original vendors. We update our products as soon as we know of the change introduced, and have it confirmed by our team of experts.
How many computers I can download Testking software on?
You can download your Testking products on the maximum number of 2 (two) computers/devices. To use the software on more than 2 machines, you need to purchase an additional subscription which can be easily done on the website. Please email email@example.com if you need to use more than 5 (five) computers.
What operating systems are supported by your Testing Engine software?
Our testing engine is supported by all modern Windows editions, Android and iPhone/iPad versions. Mac and IOS versions of the software are now being developed. Please stay tuned for updates if you're interested in Mac and IOS versions of Testking software.